At 10am today, Kaizer Chiefs held a press conference for the end season. During the conference a lot was said about who is leaving the team, the reason why they will be leaving the team and the future plans for the team. Here are 10 things that we learnt from the Kaizer Chiefs press conference.
1. The club has confirmed the departure of the Absa champions league winning coach Stuart Baxter.
2. Baxter confirmed that there is no bad blood between him and the club, that he has enjoyed every second he spent with the team and that he will always be part of the team, even though he will not be the their coach.
3. Players that will be leaving the club are: Mandla Masango, Tefu Mashamaite, Katlego Mphela, Siyabonga Nkosi, Josta Dladla and Itumeleng Khune.
4. Players that are on a loan are Simphiwe Mtsweni, Chris Matombo, Levy Mokgothu, Zitha Macheke and Ovidy Karuru.
5. Baxter will be going back to Switzerland to rest with his family.
6. Khune joined the club at the age of 13, the club has groomed him and raised him to be the best player that he is today.
7. Kaizer Motaung feels betrayed and hurt by the way Khune has handled this matter in regard to his contract and how disrespectful he has been towards the club.
8. Motaung made it clear that the club will not be held ransom because of one player(referring to khune)
9. The club is still looking for a coach as they have been approached by couches abroad who will love to coach the team.
10. The club has not singed any new players. The names of the new team members for the 2015/16 season will be known by the public by the end of June.
So do you think the team will ever be the same with out its three best players and the amazing coach Baxter?