1. He started his international career playing for the South African Under-23.
2. He assisted the team to qualify for the Rio Olympics for the first time in 15 years.
3. Mahlambi started his professional career at
4. His full names are Phakamani Lungisani Mahlambi.
5. He was born September 12, 1997 and is from Soweto.
6. His explosive performances for the Students led to reported interest from Portuguese giants
Benfica and Turkish Super Lig side Galatasaray , before his progress was halted due to a serious hamstring injury – which ruled him out for the rest of the season and the 2016 Rio Olympics.
7. His brother gave him his own tendon from his hamstring to help repair his knee.
By Jimmy Modise.