Itumeleng Khune is one of South Africa’s favourite goalkeepers who is definitely leaving his dream. Born in 20 June 1987 Khune is the goalkeeper of Kaizer Chiefs and the National team. So here is your chance to know a bit more Itumeleng Khune.
1. Khune comes from Tshing near Ventersdorp in the North West.
2. Itumeleng Khune grew up in a family of six in which his father, a mineworker in one of Ventersdorp’s mines, was the sole breadwinner.
3. Itumeleng Khune was in love with cricket idolising Nicky Boje. He eventually decided to pursue a career in football to earn a living for him and his family.
4. Itumeleng Khune ’s younger brother Lucky Khune previously played as a striker for Chiefs.
5. Itumeleng Khune won SA Sports Awards Newcomer of the Year in 2008
6. Itumeleng Khunewas selected for the 2010 FIFA World Cup as Carlos Alberto Parreira’s first-choice goalkeeper and made some good saves in the opening match against Mexico.
8. Itumeleng Khunemade his PSL debut against Jomo Cosmos on 25 August 2007.
9. Itumeleng Khune made his Bafana Bafana debut 11 March 2008 v Zimbabwe.
10. The African Cup of Nations was Itumeleng Khune ‘s third major tournament.