Bradley Carnell is former Orlando Pirates and Free State Stars assistant coach. With the naming of new Orlando Pirates coach, the most surprising news was the leaving of Carnell. Below are 5 things you didn’t know about Carnell.
- Carnell holds a UEFA B licence. Carnell spent most of his assistant coaching career in the PSL with Free State Stars after being there for 23 games assisting Gianni Solinas in the 2015/2016 season. Carnell assisted Bucs coaches for only 10 games.
- Carnell made his debut at 16 years old for Wits University in 1993.
- Upon leaving Kaizer Chiefs in 1998, Carnell went on to play in Germany for VFB Stuttgart. Carnell spent 12 years playing in Germany, making him to be the longest serving South African players to play in Germany.
- In 2003 Carnell won the league silver with Stuttgart in Germany.
- Upon returning to South Africa in 2010, Carnell joined Supersport United and went on to captain Supersport. In 2011 Carnell hung his soccer boots at Supersport.