5 Things You Didn’t Know About Jabu Mahlangu! The retired former PSL player is one of the best technical players to be produced in the country.
Jabu is now a DSTV Premiership analyst for SuperSport Football. He travels all over the country, covering football matches.
He is also a radio presenter and broadcaster for Massive Metro. Here are the 5 things you didn’t know about Jabu Mahlangu!
- Jabu’s full name is Jabu Jeremiah Mahlangu.
- Late into his career, Jabu changed his surname from Pule to Mahlangu to honour his late father.
- Mahlangu is one of the few players to represent both Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs in his career.
- One of the lowest moments in the life and career of Mahlangu is when his ill-discipline cost him a place in the Bafana Bafana squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- He was part of the Bafana Bafana squad which travelled to the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea/Japan. Upon departing, then President, Mr Thabo Mbeki, instructed Jabu to behave himself at the tournament.