Kaizer Chiefs are on solid 7th position in the table middle. According to many South African soccer betting sites, they were strong candidate of winning the championship, but they had a series of low moments in 2018, which reduced their odds ,of finishing first, dramatically.
Below is a list of 8 Kaizer Chiefs Lowest Moments of 2018
- Giovanni Solinas exit who Kaizer Chiefs felt had a stronger team than Steve Komphela according to a press release which read “As far as acquisitions are concerned, when we brought in Solinas, we had assembled a very good squad, much better than the one Steve Komphela had to work with. We therefore hope that, once the team stabilises under the new technical team, we will get results. However, as always, working with a squad of players is work in progress – it’s about constantly making tweaks here and there.”
- Exit of Steve Komphela, was a sad state of affair for Kaizer Chiefs, especially considering how it happened.
- Hooliganism at Moses Mabhida Stadium in April at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday night during the fixture between Kaizer Chiefs and Free State Stars
- The results during the first half of the season were not good, nor were the performances.
- Losing young midfielder Wiseman Meyiwa, who looked so promising. He was involved in a car crash. Speaking on the issue Kaizer Chiefs wrote “Kaizer Chiefs midfielder Wiseman Meyiwa is out of ICU. He is stable under the care of specialist’s supervision.The Club has appreciated all the messages of support and prayers for Meyiwa. We wish him a speedy recovery.”
- The team lost Siphiwe Tshabalala. ‘Shabba’ represented Kaizer Chiefs very well over the years and had an excellent journey at the club. However, when the offer from Turkey came, they felt that they didn’t want to stand in his way as it was a great opportunity for him to get a taste of international football with one of the European leagues.
- They lost lost Joseph Molangoane, who sustained a serious injury in August and will probably only join the team again towards the end the season.
- Chiefs are having a few injuries, especially when it comes to defenders.