All set for Telkom Knockout Draw! MTN8 Cup done and dusted. Hot on the heels comes another knock-out challenge, the Telkom Knockout Cup.
The 2019/20 Telkom Knockout draw will be conducted live from Randburg, Johannesburg on Wednesday, 09 October 2019 from 1300hrs.
The draw will be broadcast live on SuperSport 4 and Supersport Blitz. whilst Live streaming will be on DStv Now.
The Telkom Knockout is contested by the 16 clubs in the Absa Premiership. The tournament will kick-off on 19 October 2019.
Baroka FC are the current cup holders after overcoming adversity book a place in the PSL history books by becoming the first Limpopo club to win a knockout trophy in the PSL era.
Wedson Nyirenda, the Bakgaga coach was full of confidence of defending the coveted silverware.
“I think we can defend the Cup. If we don’t, we should go for the Nedbank Cup,” said Nyirenda.
Telkom Knockout Cup Draw Procedure:
– Three bowls will be used for the draw (labelled: Pot A, B, C)
– The first bowl (Pot A) will contain the seeded eight clubs – (clubs that finished inside the Absa Premiership top eight during the 2018/19 season)
– The second bowl (Pot C) will contain the names of the other eight clubs.
– The third bowl (Pot B) will be empty – to be used to determine home and away
How it will work:
1. We draw a ball from the seeded bowl (Pot A) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it
2. We draw a ball from the unseeded bowl (Pot C) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it
3. We then draw go to Pot B and draw the first ball for home, the second ball for away
By Gerald Dandah