On Tuesday (9 February 2021) Kaizer Chiefs were in preparation to leave for Wednesday (10 February 2021). However many of the Kaizer Chiefs delegation had not received visas to travel to Casablanca.
This is despite the Chiefs administration providing all the necessary documentation in a timely manner. Their flight was since postponed.
South Africa is on the list of countries denied entrance into Morocco because of the corona virus. The football match has since been cancelled by SAFA.
“The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have confirmed that the CAF Champions League match between Wydad Athletic Club from Casablanca in Morocco versus Kaizer Chiefs, will not be played as scheduled on Saturday, 13 February 2021.
In a one-liner correspondence sent to SAFA last night, CAF through its Competition Division manager, Ahmed Salem said ‘CAF will communicate the updated decision in due time.’
So, CAF will communicate when the fixture will go on. CAF announced that if it is to carry on it will have to be played in a different venue.
No details of the date and venue of the fixture have been disclosed. CAF To Decide When Kaizer Chiefs Will Take On Wydad Casablanca!