Patrice Motsepe’s 10 Point Manifesto! CAF electoral candidate Patrice Motsepe addressed the media today. The Mamelodi Sundowns chairman spoke about his 10-point manifesto should he win the Presidency.
He addressed the media for the first time since announcing his plan to run for CAF President.
Patrice Motsepe’s 10 Point Manifesto includes the following:
- Investing in developing and growing football in each African country through sponsorships, private sector and other partners
- Improving the efficiency and professionalism of CAF’s Competitions and its staff
- Implementing and adhering to governance and auditing global best practices
- Investing in African football infrastructure
- Investing in our youth and in the future of African football.
- Developing and growing women’s football
- Protecting the integrity and professionalising referees
- Establishing Video Assistant Referees (VAR).
- Statutory reforms
- Partnerships with FIFA and other Continental governing bodies
Dr Patrice Motsepe has the complete backing of SAFA and PSL in his Presidential campaign. PSL CEO Dr Irvin Khoza has also cited that the entire PSL is behind Motsepe.
“We will not move CAF headquarters from Cairo to South Africa. I want to use sport to unite Africa. I love football. I don’t think there is anyone on the continent who has lost lots of monies to football than me. That is what this sport means to me. We have to win” Dr Patrice Motsepe said.