Many footballers follow the same path after retirement. They go into coaching, most stay in the development structure’s however some go on to become as equally good in their coaching careers as they were in their playing days.
In our chosen top 5, two coaches have won numourus title’s as both player and coach. Pitso Mosimane conquered Africa with Sundowns and Gavin Hunt won the PSL title for the fourth time.
Many go into coaching stating that, football is in their blood and that it is only natural to take up coaching after hanging their boots.
1. Gavin Hunt (Bidvest Wits)
2. Pitso Mosimane (Mamelodi Sundowns)
3. Steve Khomphela ( Kaizer Chiefs)
4. Eric Tinkler ( Cape Town City FC)
5. Lehlohonolo Seema ( Bloemfontien Celtic)
By Jimmy Modise