Rumour has it that Itumeleng Khune is leaving Chiefs and growing closer to signing with Mamelodi Sundowns.With his contract at Kaizer Chiefs set to expire next year, word is that Mamelodi Sundowns wants to hand Itumeleng Khune a record-breaking package to the player, so maybe Khune doesn’t have anything to lose…. Here are a few things that the Brazilians feel they can offer Khune that AmaKhosi can not.
1. Sundowns is offering Khune more years to play for the team than what Chiefs is probably looking for.
2. Sundowns has been waiting to swoop on the Amakhosi skipper should he not agree terms with Chiefs with regards to a new contract at Naturena,
3. Sundowns makes sure that their players shine at all times. Sundowns is willing to make sure that he starts each game week in and week out.
4. Money is no object when it comes to Sundowns. They are willing to spend what ever amount they need to spend to make sure that they sign him. He could be getting the Millions he apparently requested.
5. Sundowns are prepared to offer Khune a monster package that would make him the highest paid footballer in the history of the PSL.
6. Khune has been with Chiefs for a decade now, so a bit of change could do.
7. Sundowns is willing to make him the leader of the team. If Chiefs can’t guarantee him leadership, the team is in need of a leader and Khune is exactly that! Now who does not want to be a leader?
There you go…reasons why Khune would consider to sign with the Brazilians.