Ashley Simon Young is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger for Premier League club Manchester United and the England national team. Young is well known for his dangerous crosses and he’s got pace too. But there 5 things you didn’t know about Ashley Young.
1. Born and raised in Hertfordshire, Young started his career at Watford, making his first senior appearances in 2003 under the management of Ray Lewington.
2. He became a first-team regular in 2004–05, and was one of Watford’s key players in their promotion winning 2005–06 season.
3. Young continued to play well for Watford in the Premier League, and in January 2007 he transferred to Aston Villa for an £8 million fee, rising to £9.65 million with add-ons.
4. He established himself in the first team at Villa Park, and has since earned 30 caps for England, scoring 7 goals.
5. On 23 June 2011, Young signed for Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.