Diego Maradona In His Own Words & The Words of Others! In his time, he has given the world much to splendour at.
He was something of an enigma and had many penetrative words. Here is the best of his own words.
Diego Maradona Quotes:
– “To see the ball, to run after it, makes me the happiest man in the world.”
– “I made mistakes, and I paid for them. But the ball is still pure,” — Speaking to the crowd at his 2001 testimonial.
– “I am Maradona, who makes goals, who makes mistakes. I can take it all, I have shoulders big enough to fight with everybody.”
– “You can say a lot of things about me, but you can never say I don’t take risks.”
– “I am black or white, I’ll never be grey in my life.”
– “When I wear the national team shirt, its sole contact with my skin makes it stand on an end.”
– “I hate everything that comes from the United States. I hate it with all my strength.”
– “Suck it and keep sucking it!” — To journalists who had doubted him as Argentina coach.
– “It was a little bit of a hand and a little bit of God” – speaking after his infamous Hand of God.
– “It was like stealing from a thief!” Maradona exclaiming that he is not sorry about scoring with his hand against England in the 1986 World Cup Quarter-Final.
Quotes courtesy of SuperSport Football.
Diego Maradona In His Own Words & The Words of Others!