Marcus Rashford has taken English football by storm, scoring four goals in three appearances at just the age of eighteen. Here are 10 facts you did not know about Marcus Rashford:
1) Rashford was born in Manchester on October 31, 1997, a few months after Van Gaal left Dutch giants Ajax to take up a post with Barcelona. The day after United scored six against Sheffield Wednesday at home, with strikers Teddy Sheringham, Andy Cole and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer all grabbing braces.
2) He joined Manchester United from the renowned Fletcher Moss Junior football club, following in the steps of Wes Brown, Danny Welbeck and Ravel Morrison in coming from the Didsbury to Old Trafford.
3) He earns only 500 pounds a week.
4) He joined Manchester United on 1 July 2014.
5) The Red Devils pipped rivals Manchester City to Rashford’s signature in 2014.
6) He is the third youngest scorer for United in English Premier League history after Federico Macheda and Danny Welbeck after scoring a brace in his EPL debut.
7) Marcus became the Manchester United’s youngest ever scorer in European football when he scored two goals against FC Midtjylland in the Europa League.
8) Rashford topped the scoring charts for United’s Under-18s last year, having found the net on 13 occasions in 25 starts. However, he only made his maiden appearance for the club’s reserves in a Lancashire Senior Cup tie with Rochdale this season, one month before he turned 18.
9) Manchester United starlet Marcus Rashford turned down Liverpool.
10) Marcus Rashford is the most popular Manchester United player at the moment.