1. Joseph Phillip Yobo was born on 6 September 1980
2. He is the most capped Nigerian player ever.
3. Yobo left Nigeria to join Standard Liège in 1998
4. In 2007, Yobo was named as captain in the absence of Phil Neville and subsequently became the first African to captain the club.
5. On 29 November 2009, he scored an own goal in Everton’s 2–0 defeat to Liverpool in the Merseyside derby.
6. On 6 September 2011, Fenerbahçe and Everton agreed on another loan deal for €700,000 and Yobo signed a one-year contract worth €2.35 million.
7. He was a captain at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, after which he assumed the Eagles’ captaincy on the international retirement of Nwankwo Kanu.
8. Yobo married former MBGN Adaeze Igwe in a midnight ceremony held in Jos
9. In 2010 he welcomed a baby boy named Joey Yobo
10. He is the younger brother of former Nigeria international Albert Yobo
11. In July 2008, his younger brother Norumwas kidnapped in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria and held for ransom. He was eventually released after 12 days on 17 July 2008.
12. In 2007, Yobo set up the Joseph Yobo Charity Foundation, to help under-privileged children in Nigeria. As of 18 July 2007, he has handed out over 300 scholarship awards ranging from primary to university level. Yobo has started a football academy in the Ogoni region of Nigeria. He also runs football camps in Lagos.